A short summary of the thread so far:

1. Rick and Jørgen thinks it would be good to register a port. We will use 8001 for now unless someone has another suggestion, but will write clearly in the documentation that the default port is likely to change. I will create a jira for this and then contact IANA to get a port.

2. Dan, Dibyendu and Jørgen thinks it would be good to move the replication code to o.a.d.i.store.replication (since replication is integrated with the store). I'll create a jira for this.

3. It is possible to make a separate jar for replication if we solve some sealing issues (Dan, Narayanan), but with only 65K of uncompressed class files it may not be worth it (Rick, Jørgen). *Not concluded yet.*

--
Jørgen Løland