[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Daniel John Debrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Here is the current status (based on what I know):

Feature                  Status
System privileges        On track
Have you any more information on the state of this?

a) The latest patch, just published, addresses the J2ME/CDC failures;
   I hope this blocking issues is resolved, but we probably want to
   wait for some confirming J2ME/CDC test results.   I'm not aware of
   other, major objections, and it was suggested to handle follow-up
   and polishing items in a separate JIRA.

b) Due to some functional changes applied over the last weeks (e.g.
   checks for authorization regardless of prior authentication) and
   some limitations that can't be worked around (e.g. regarding
   Authorization Ids in policy files), I've planned to restate the
   exact compatibility issues of System Privileges for derby-dev.
   This discussion about further options (to be handled in a separate
   JIRA, I think) and documentable restrictions might take 1-2 weeks.

c) There's a documentation task for System Privileges (derby guides),
   which can partly overlap with b) and also might take 1-2 calendar
   weeks (need to get to know the documentation-related tools).

d) Finally, I have some tests that need some more work before they
   can be included in the test suites.

While I'm cautiously optimistic about a) and hope that d) can be
checked in later, I'm not sure what people think about b) and c)
being a requirement for feature freeze.

Martin