Joisten, Andreas (GE Infra, Energy) wrote:
[snip] we now want to make available for PocketPcs, therefore we are keen to test CrEme 4.12 as the JVM.
We normally use the Cloudscape database and here I decided for Derby 10.2.20,
as this Version supports J2ME.

[snipped more details]

I get this Error Message:
Main class: DerbyVersion1
-jar: jar fie /JarFiles/derbyVersion1.jar not found:

[snip]

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm) Evaluation Version
CrE-ME J2ME(tm)
CrE-ME V4.12 B142.190307 19-March-2007
  MemoryLimit=29056Kb
EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,
Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect()
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection()
        at org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedSimpleDataSource.getConnection()
        at DerbyVersion1.runDemo()
        at DerbyVersion1.main()

Why runs Derby in Eclipse and not on my PocketPc?

Because Java ME JVMs are different beasts than Java SE JVMs...

What does sysinfo report under "Derby Information"? If it does not mention J2ME it could be that your version of Derby does not recognize the CrEme VM as a Java ME (J2ME) VM, and thus tries to use code designed to work with non-ME platforms.

See the "Tips and Tricks" section of http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JavaMESupport for details.

You could try a newer version of Derby (some changes were made in this area for 10.3.2.1), but then CDC 1.1 support is required.

--
John