On 13.08.10 03:42, Bryan Pendleton wrote:

[ snip ]
Can somebody please re-send me the instructions for how to configure the
svn:eol-style in my environment? I moved machines not too long ago, and
I think I must have lost this configuration when I did so. Is this
documented in our wiki somewhere?

Hi Bryan,

I'm only aware of this: http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn-config Note that the file extensions used in the Derby documentation aren't covered by the default Apache file (from the above link), and that we do mention to add these on http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

I think the information in the first link above may easily be overlooked, and when switching machines (or reinstalling the OS) it is easy to forget what one did a year or two ago. If not written already, maybe we need a Derby-specific "new committer" wiki page describing the required steps in brief? This wiki could also touch on common issues like public key authentication, svn storing passwords in clear-text and using proxies to reach the ASF svn repos when behind firewalls etc. I'm sure there are other issues as well, for instance [1]. I think the page should be very concise, maybe like a checklist, linking to other resources instead of adding too much text.

Since a missing eol-style property isn't critical and doesn't cause any apparent issues before you end up looking at the file on a system with a different eol-style and an editor that doesn't handle it (?), I decided to check the Derby repository. I logged DERBY-4770 [2].

Regards,
--
Kristian

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyContributorChecklist