Thanks

Derby is really complete :)

However, I didnt find in the builtin function a way to retrieve the day of the week of a date or a timestamp, I mean monday, tuesday ...and so on.
Is there such function anywhere ?

Nicolas

Suavi Ali Demir wrote:

SELECT    CASE WHEN COL1 is NULL THEN 0 ELSE 1 END    FROM MYTABLE
Regards,
Ali

*/Nicolas Dufour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Hello

    I try to put tests in select clause.
    I mean I have a field which can be null and I want to create a select
    which return 0 when the field is null and 1 in the other case.
    Is it possible to do that in Derby ?
    I try also to look in a string and if i recognize a pattern
    extract two
    parts of it and if not just take the all value.
    How can i do that ?

    Thanks

    Nicolas