If you can find a tool specifically written to use jdbc/odbc bridge with MS Access, then you can port the schema too. In many ODBC metadata calls MS Access reports "unimplemented function" error. So, if the tool is not written specifically for MS Access (to work around those "unimplemented function" errors), it probably won't work. If i remember correctly, for example you can't ask the access database for the Primary Keys or Foreign Keys or Cross References. It throws exception. You can ask for the list of tables and columns of a table. You may have better luck typing sql ddl yourself rather than using a tool.
Ali

Andrus Adamchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Nov 28, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I've only used Access with Sun JdbcOdbcD river which IIRC does not
> provide access to metadata and therefore can't be used with Cayenne
> cdataport.

Correction - you can't use Jdbc/Odbc bridge to port the schema, but
you still should be able to port data.

Andrus