Andre Höing wrote:

The property is derby.system.durability=test
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tuning/rtunproperdurability.html

I tried the durability property, but I have not seen any improvement.

I started my Application with argument: -Dderby.system.home and the new home
directory has been created. I put there a file named derby.properties with the
derby.system.durability=test entry.
I also tried Properties p = System.getProperties();
p.put("derby.system.durability", "test");

Is this the wrong way to activate the property?
This property was added in 10.1. Which version  of derby are you using ?.
If you set up the property in the derby.properties or as java property using the -D option before booting derby, it should be picked up.

If you boot the database with this property set to test, the following warning message is logged in the derby.log file:

WARNING: The database is booted with derby.system.durability=test.
In this mode, it is possible that database may not be able to recover, committed transactions may be lost, and the database may be in an inconsistent state. Please use this mode only when these consequences are acceptable.

Can you check if this message is logged in the derby.log file. The derby.log fle should be in the directory specified by -Dderby.system.home.

Thanks,
Sunitha.