On 6/15/06, Kathey Marsden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The problem was just that  ddlutils was not handling the case where the
lob length was 0, but it was not null (an empty string was in the CLOB
column)
The hack of a patch below got me going.

Mhmm, the Clob Javadoc does not explicitly state what should happen if
the length is 0. Then again, it does not say that an exception will be
thrown, either, so I would assume that 0 should be regarded as a valid
value.
Anyway, I'll add your patch as a safety measure to DdlUtils.

Thanks so, so, much to DdlUtils and to Jean for the great tutorial to
get me going in a hurry.
I used DdlUtils to migrate data when trying to recover a database for a
user that had a corrupted database today.
(some business about removing a pesky db.lck file that wouldn't let them
boot their database).
All the user's  backups were corrupt and  we don't have import/export
for lobs yet (DERBY-378),
so I was completely stuck until I found DdlUtils which I found easy to
use and really saved my day.

Thanks, good to hear that DdlUtils was useful to somebody :-)

cheers,
Tom