Kristian Waagan wrote:
Supal J Patel wrote:

Hi,

If I have a database which is not encrypted and have some data in it , can I now encrypt that database ? In all the manuals they talk abt how to create a new encrypted database. Its no where mentioned that if you can or can not encrypt already existing database which is not encrypted.

Hello Supal,

I don't think encrypting an existing (unencrypted) database is possible yet, but there is somebody working on adding this feature. You can track the progress by watching the issue DERBY-1156:

Does anyone know if this issue is still on track for the upcoming 10.2 release?

I am working on the feature (DERBY-1156) that will allow users to configure an existing un-encrypted database for encryption. I hope to finish this work for upcoming 10.2 release.

Thanks
-suresh