We're a small 20-year old software company specializing in systems management
on IBM z/OS systems.  We are currently developing a product around the Derby
database, using a JDBC agent resident on the z/OS host to populate the
database with management data, while an Apache Tomcat server communicates
between Derby/Cloudscape and the UI on a browser.

We have experience with Tomcat & SQL but have no internal DBA expertise, and
none of us have worked with Derby before.  We'd like to hire a consultant with
some direct Derby experience to look at what we're doing and provide some
expert advice in - best practices in the areas of performance, maintanance,
tuning, backup and recovery and reporting.  Ideal candidate would have
experience with Derby/Cloudscape, JDBC and IBM z/OS would be a plus.

Interested parties can contact the author off list at the address below,
thanks in advance,

Jim Lampi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.sdsusa.com