Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:
Hello!

I need to calculate the difference between two timestamp fields in
seconds. I tried this query:

SELECT APP.MyTable.startTime, {fn TIMESTAMPDIFF(SQL_TSI_FRAC_SECOND,
APP.MyTable.startTime, APP.MyTable.endTime)}
FROM APP.MyTable
WHERE APP.MyTable IS NOT NULL
Should this be
WHERE APP.MyTable.startTime IS NOT NULL
?
It seems like you should have gotten a message that column APP.MyTable does not exist, not the one below. Otherwise your statement looks ok to me. What version are you using?

but it doesn't work, I'm getting the error

SQL State = 42Y07 SQL Code = 30000 SQL Message = Schema 'SYSTEM' does
not exist Exception message = java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Schema
'SYSTEM' does not exist

How can I calculate the difference between two timestamp fields?

TIA

Dmitri Pissarenko