On 7/5/07, Daniel Fitzgerald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It has been quite a while since any new builds or enhancements have been
done on this software. Is this project dead or in stasis? It has it's
niche i.e. small footprint and can be packaged with your jars ( albeit
cumbersome). I read a white-paper a while ago about performance but the
problems didn't seem insurmountable and indeed, it alluded to possible
solutions.

Anyway, I downloaded it and tried it out; it seemed fine as an
application data repository (in SQL) so I hope the project doesn't die
on the vine. It doesn't seem like it even got a chance to get out into
the public at large for a proper trial. Just my thoughts. Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Derby! We're working on the 10.3
release, the goal is in roughly two weeks...
Check out the 10.3 release wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenThreeRelease

Feel free to test out the beta version and report your findings...
Also, check out the usage of derby page for a free form list of
groups/products that claim to use derby:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby

Regards,
Myrna van Lunteren