Hi,

Im building a system using Apache Derby, and I couldnt find a way to backup the existing data from the database. The only procedure I've found in the documentation is to create a online/offline backup, that copies the existent database to a different location. The problem with this approach is that the backup file becomes very large (15 - 30 MB) in my case, and that's because Im zipping the database after copying it.

I was wondering if it doesn't exist a way to create a backup only of the existent data, and not the whole database, like a dump.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco Trindade

--