I have been getting some spurious exceptions in a 10.2.2.0 embedded database
namely:

State = 40XL1, Message = A lock could not be obtained within the time
requested, Code = 3000

during a simple insert statement like

INSERT INTO TableA(id, name, createTime) VALUES (1, 'Name', CURRENT
TIMESTAMP)

where id is an int, name is a varchar and createTime is a timestamp.

It has only happened twice and the problems went away by themselves after
restarting the database three times but I am concerned that they will come
back.

Can anyone suggest why these might be happening and what to do about them?
The Derby reference manual doesn't shed any more light on this exception
unfortunately.

And loving it,

John C. Turnbull