I am new to Derby and unable to figure out which framework suits my situation:
Embedded or NetworkServer framework.
I have a java application (which is a media server, sort of like flash media
server, but written all in java), for which I wish to use derby as its
database. The app will have say stuff like channels and channel schedules
etc... very small database, just one database. Now, on the same machine in the
java application I also embed (load) a servlet container (winstone:
http://winstone.sourceforge.net/).

Later on, I develop web applications where say users can look at the available
channels and schedules.. (so the web app needs database interaction).

So my question is, what framework needs to be used? will embedded framework
suffice because I see only one JVM here? Please advise..