Hello,

is there a way to create a database copy with only the necessary files?

Background: I did copy "my" database back and forth between a server and my
PC. I always copied the whole directory and did paste it into the existing
target directory in the assumption that all files would be overwritten.

I realized later that as new files are created the file set is not always
the same. Now I want to identify the files which are still used as the
directory is unnecessary large for my small dataset.

The CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE seems to copy all database files
even if they are not in use (see below for the jave coding). Is there a ways
to identify and copy only the used files?

Best regards, Lars

        CallableStatement cs = con
        .prepareCall("CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)");
        cs.setString(1, "c:/temp/backupdir3");
        cs.execute();
        cs.close();