Hi,

I've been trying to get this working myself. I saw the steps you listed in
your footnote as an example of a basic working test.

[2]
1. Master: connect
'jdbc:derby:enctest2;encryptionAlgorithm=DES/CBC/NoPadding;encryptionKey=test;create=true';
2. Master: CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_FREEZE_DATABASE();
3. Slave: connect
'jdbc:derby:enctest2;startSlave=true;encryptionAlgorithm=DES/CBC/NoPadding;encryptionKey=test';
4. Master: connect
'jdbc:derby:enctest2;startMaster=true;slaveHost=localhost;encryptionAlgorithm=DES/CBC/NoPadding;encryptionKey=test';
5. Master: do some test DDL and DML operations
6: Master: connect 'jdbc:derby:enctest2;failover=true';
7: Slave: connect
'jdbc:derby:enctest2;encryptionAlgorithm=DES/CBC/NoPadding;encryptionKey=test';
8. Slave: ensure results are as expected

I tried them myself and it does work but the data isn't encrypted. I only
get encrypted data in the database files when I specify
"dataEncryption=true". As a side effect of that I also have to drop the
encryptionAlgorithm and encryptionKey properties and add in the bootPassword
property. This then causes problems as some of the replication properties
can't be mixed with bootPassword which I found was required to start the
encrypted database.

Am I missing something? Is there a way of getting encrypted data without
bootPassword?

Cheers,
Brad.