Rick Hillegas wrote:

You are, of course, right. As I go back through the thread, I don't see any success stories. It might be worth experimenting with a different encryption package, like this old package from the JDK 1.3 days: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/jce/

That might be a hopeless task, standard Java methods and classes have been removed from CDC/Foundation, there is probably a significant chance that the JDK 1.3 security features depend on those classes.

From a quick look at the JME web-site, it seems that Foundation 1.1 supports crypto, the best approach would be to make the changes in Derby to support that environment, it may be mainly build changes to allow Derby to load its crypto support in an CDC/Foundation environment.

http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/apis.jsp
http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/apis/jsr219/

Dan.