I'm curious if anyone else has had problems with 10.5.1.1, getMaxRows() and
CLOBs?

I'm getting the following exception :

2009-07-27 10:33:53,188 -  WARN -  exception clearing maxRows/queryTimeout
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: No current connection.
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.getMaxRows(Unknown Source)
 at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement.getMaxRows(NewProxyPrepar
edStatement.java:1200)
 at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:
298)
 at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.closeQueryStatement(AbstractBatcher.java:
234)
 at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1826)
 at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:697)
 at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.ja
va:259)
 at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2232)
 at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2129)
 at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2124)
 at
org.hibernate.loader.criteria.CriteriaLoader.list(CriteriaLoader.java:118)
 at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1597)
 at org.hibernate.impl.CriteriaImpl.list(CriteriaImpl.java:306)

In digging into the stacktrace a little more it seems that hibernates call
to getMaxRows() blows up because checkForClosedStatement() throws the
SQLException, but I have no idea why. (I've verified the connection is open
prior to executing hibenates list(), and it happens too quickly to be a true
timeout.)

It only happens once my table reaches any significant size ( > 20K rows),
and only on this particular table which includes a CLOB column. Has anyone
else seen this? Curiously 10.4.2.1 doesn't exhibit this behavior.

-J