I just spent 5 or 6 hours trying to install PostgreSQL on Windows Vista
Business and wasnt able to get it to work. The documentation is pretty Unix
oriented and not very logical. It starts out telling you to enter "$
createdb mydb", without telling you what to enter it in, or whether/how to
start the server, etc.

I found answers to some of my problems in various forums but they were
written by hackers for hackers. I couldnt understand them. Do you know of
any procedure for installing PostgreSQL on Vista written for a layman? I am
used to getting vague and slightly erroneous procedures to work, but this is
beyond my limits.