From: oldmhe <mhe1943-oldnab...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:17 PM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: how to include derby.jar in my .class file?

I'm new to Java, but am making progress with accessing Derby via the
"embedded" framework.

My program works as long as CLASSPATH points to derby.jar.

But my preference to deploy the program as a single file, so that the user
can run it simply with:

     java myprogram [parameters]

without having to set CLASSPATH.

Is there a way to include derby.jar inside my class file (or some other way)
so as to eliminate the need to set CLASSPATH -- and so the entire deployment
involves a single file?

Thanks in advance.