Sonny Laskar <sonny.las...@...> writes:

> Dear All,I am new to Derby.I have forgotten the username/password set for
connecting to my derby database.Now when I tried to connect , i get the invalid
authentication error (ERROR 08004: Connection refused : Invalid
authentication.)Please let me know if I can reset this password or if I can
create a new user.Also I want to know that if I want to create the clone of a
derby database , can I just copy the folder and use it?Regards,Sonny LaskarIndia
> =====-----=====-----=====Notice: The information contained in this
e-mailmessage and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or
telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
attachments. Thank you

login in with your data base owner account you can reset the password of a user
by calling SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.user.<username>' with
an empty password as the second parameter passed. Assuming you are using the
builtin authentication provider. With the same stored procedure you can also
create new users. (see reference guie on page 327 for details on this system
built-in stored procedure)

To your second question: Yes, to clone a database you can just copy the folder.