Hello, all:

I am using Derby as an in-memory DB. While executing a complex query
(which contains a union and several left-joins), we discovered that this
query with a left join would take about 3.5 mins to execute and fetch the
data, whereas the same query with the left join replaced with the inner
join would take just 30 seconds.

What tools or API is available at our disposal to tune the in-memory
Derby, to see its execution plan, to try to figure out why it is taking
such an extraordinary time to fetch about 2,500-3000 records.

I also noticed that by running the same query over and over, the time to
execute and fetch seems to be slowly creeping up as well - it started with
2.5 mins, then grew to 3 mins and now it's almost 4 mins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pavel.

Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming e-mail. The contents of
this email, including any attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of
the email address to which it was addressed. If you are not the addressee of
this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part
of it in any form whatsoever. This email may be produced at the request of
regulators or in connection with civil litigation. Jefferies accepts no
liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result of transmission. Use
by other than intended recipients is prohibited.  In the United Kingdom,
Jefferies operates as Jefferies International Limited; registered in England:
no. 1978621; registered office: Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames Street, London
EC4V 3BJ.  Jefferies International Limited is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority.