Not sure why you are concerned about the service.properties control file. In general, it is a bad idea to edit that file.

Hope this helps,
-Rick

On 8/2/11 12:15 PM, Carlos de Luna Saenz wrote:
Yes it does... but i was wondering if it's the right way since is not on
the service.properties file and the documentation says that the property
is static, it works fine but don't know if is the "proper" way to do
it...
Thanks

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Rick Hillegas [mailto:rick.hille...@oracle.com]
Enviado el: martes, 02 de agosto de 2011 01:33 p.m.
Para: Derby Discussion
Asunto: Re: derby.storage.tempDirectory

On 8/2/11 11:12 AM, Carlos de Luna Saenz wrote:
I used the following lines at my main() method, I hope this is the
right way to do it:

System.out.println("Iniciando variables del programa");

System.setProperty("derby.storage.tempDirectory",System.getProperty("jav
a.io.tmpdir"));

Thanks again

Hi Carlos,

Off the top of my head, that looks right to me. Does that not produce
the desired effect?

Thanks,
-Rick