On 8/7/11 9:54 AM, roy.mi...@comcast.net wrote:

I have been happily using Derby for two years within IntelliJ Idea, but have now hit a wall trying to deploy the application I developed. I have tried setting the path to derby.jar on the command line and/or in the CLASSPATH environment variable to no avail. The embedded driver doesn't load; the error message is, "No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:EMDatabase;create=true". I'm under Windows XP Pro. Any help would be appreciated.

Roy Minet

Hi Roy,

This is almost always a CLASSPATH problem. With the same CLASSPATH, try the following experiment:

java org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

If the CLASSPATH is good, you should see this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

Hope this helps,
-Rick