From: "Rick Hillegas" <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
To: "Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:16:06 AM
Subject: Re: Can't Load Embedded Driver

On 8/9/11 7:50 AM, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\java.exe -splash:EMsplash.jpg -jar "C:\Program
>> Files\ElectionManager\EMServer.jar"
>
> Not sure if this is the problem, but I believe that if you use '-jar' on
> your command line, then CLASSPATH is ignored, and ALL the classes have to
> come from the jar, right?
>
> thanks,
>
> bryan

That agrees with the description of "java -jar" here:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/java.html

The jar file manifest needs to have a Class-Path attribute which lists
the whole classpath for the application. See
http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/downman.html

Hope this helps,
-Rick