On 9/29/11 4:47 AM, gbattinelli wrote:
Dear all,
I'm newbie of derby but there is something not clear for me.
I use derby database through Netbeans.

I've an application in java that can use two dbs, mysql and derby, both
through hibernate.
For correct working of application some default data must be in the db.
Adding defautl content to db I noted:
-db mysql, once esported, is 620Kb
-folder of derby db is 12MB!

Could you please explain this difference?
There are soo few data that 12MB seems to excessive...could you please let
me know?

Thanks
Hi Giuseppe,

That does sound excessive. I just created an empty Derby database (no user data, just the system tables). It weighs 1.8M. What are the weights of the two subdirectories of your database (seg0 and log)?

Thanks,
-Rick