I am happy using Derby Embedded DB. Currently we are on 10.5.3.0 no
issues, but ...  from time to time (currently not reproduceable) we
get reports (and also felt it our self) that our app simply is losing
its connection to the DB. We are using standard JDBC to get a
connection and hold this guy as a hard ref. We connect to a project,
sometimes we disconnect and connect to a different project. All this
works in 99% of the time.

Is there any known issue/situations anyone know of (could not find any
on JIRA) ? Any hints how to start tracking down this ? (nothing in the
log file of a projectdb). Any soft or weak references build into Derby
DB embedded which could cause this ?

Anyhow - thanx for all the good work out there - its a wonderful product.

Bernd