On 31.07.2012 12:32, John I. Moore, Jr. wrote:

Derby Users and Developers,

I have an application that has used Derby (with the Network Server) for years, and overall I have been extremely pleased.However, I ran into a problem when trying to upgrade to 10.9.1.0.

I have three computing environments that I work in, which can be thought of a development, test, and production.For reasons not worth the trouble of explaining, these three environments are slightly different, but until the latest release of Derby I could make them appear to be very similar by the use of the Windows "subst" command, which associates a path with a drive letter.For example, the command "subst K: C:\SomeDir" makes the system appear to have a "K" drive, which in reality is simply mapped to the directory SomeDir on the C drive.All previous versions of Derby handled databases on this substituted K drive without any problems, but version 10.9.1.0 breaks on it.I was able to get around this problem by setting up a virtual drive using a different approach, so now I have been able to upgrade Derby, but I wanted to point out the problem is case others have encountered it.

Hi John,

Do you have any more information about what breaks?
I.e., are you able to boot the database?
Do you get an error message?
On which versions of Windows have you observed the problem?

Thanks,
--
Kristian

John Moore