After adding these in, I get assertion failures when trying to run
some queries, which is perhaps not surprising.

Seemingly, it seems all the "user" conglomerates are present, looking
at the list of filenames present.

Is there any way I can get this database into a useable state?

I can't think of any straightforward way.

It seems like, if you could create an empty database with an *identical*
schema, you might stand some chance of copying the user conglomerates
from the damaged database to the empty database and running SELECT
commands to extract the data.

Even the smallest differences in the two schemas would cause internal
assertions to fire, but with some effort you could probably diagnose
where the schema mismatch was, from the information in the assertion,
and from your knowledge about the expected schema.

But it's going to be a lot of work, sorry.

bryan