Hi,

I am trying create a database from scratch using the new native
authentication provider introduced with version 10.9.1.0.
What I tried after reading the docs was:
1st attempt) started the network server supplying
-Dderby.authentication.provider=NATIVE:myCredDB as property
passed on JVM command line.
The server started up, but when trying to connect
I am getting SQLState 4251I "Authentication cannot be performed
because the credentials database '<databaseName>' does not exist."
so my assumption the credentials database would be automatically
created doesn't seem to be correct.
2nd attemtpt: started the network server without specifying an
authentication provider and used ij to connect to server and
created a database myCredDB manually.
Shutdown the server and started it up again pointing at this
manually created credentials database and tried to create an
application database myAppDB.
Trying to do this I am getting authentication not possible /
invalid user. In both connection strings have I used the
same user (dbo) and password (derby).
Can someone please support and point me into the right direction
or potentially share a sample script that shows how to create an
application database which makes use of native authentication?

Thanks a lot in advance
Thomas