Does Derby use some kind of PrepStatement pooling?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dag Wanvik [mailto:dag.wan...@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 2:53 PM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: concurrent execution of Statement's .addBatch() and .executeBatch()

On 07.12.2012 16:53, Pavel Bortnovskiy wrote:
> Thank you, Knut.
> It has been my assumption that creation of PreparedStatement is expensive.
> Thus I create cached Prepared Statements (such as INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE,
> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM <table>) and then use them. Would it be an improvement
> in my design to create multiple PreparedStatements for those (assuring proper
> addition of objects and execution)? Would you still recommend caching and
> reusing them or creating them anew?
Please also note that as long as the statements are textually the same, i.e.
arguments are given dynamically as "?" , Derby is able to use its internal
cache to avoid SQL compilation for more than the first thread, even if each of
the thread has a created a separate PreparedStatement in its own connection. Cf.
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/ref/rrefproperstatementcachesize.html

Thanks,
Dag