Pavel Bortnovskiy <pbortnovs...@jefferies.com> writes:

> Once in a while, I see the following errors. What may cause them?
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Container 1,329 not found.

The error means that one of the database files (table or index) cannot
be found. It typically happens because some DDL operation (for example
DROP INDEX, TRUNCATE TABLE or SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE) has removed the
file, and an already compiled statement still references it.

The error indicates a bug in Derby, so if you find a way to reproduce
it, or some pattern that seems to increase the likelihood of the error,
please file a bug report.

Derby should invalidate already compiled statement referencing the table
when DDL is performed on it, and that should make the statement
recompile automatically the next time it is executed. There have been
bugs in that area, though. (We fixed some of them in 10.9.1.0, in case
you haven't already upgraded.)

One possible workaround in that case is to call the
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_EMPTY_STATEMENT_CACHE procedure to remove the stale
query plans from the statement cache.

--
Knut Anders