Here are a couple of possibilities from people who've used such tools:

1) What I've used is called MySQL Workbench, freely available at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/workbench/ (GPL license). First dump the sql structure from a DB using dblook (http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.8/tools/ctoolsdblook.html) and then import into workbench.

Sometimes the sql file is not perfect (specific derby syntax for something) but it's something very easy to change during import.

2) I've also used a tool called schemacrawler to generate diagrams. The output formats include PNG and SVG.
http://schemacrawler.sourceforge.net/

It works with a bunch of different databases, and will generate the graphic on a live database.

The downsides are that the diagrams don't look as nice as MySQL Workbench, and I couldn't get it to graphically show the FKs.

Hope this helps!

Kim Haase