On 9/18/14 7:29 AM, Bob M wrote:
Hi Rick and Knut

Many thanks for your time and assistance :)

By deleting the empty .tmp file we are in business again................

Should I add any code to stop this happening in the future?
Hi Bob,

I don't have any clever advice. If this happened to one of my applications, I would brush off the first occurrence as a fluke. If it happened again, I would consider adding application startup logic to delete the tmp subdirectory before booting the database--now that you have shown that deleting the tmp subdirectory is safe.

Hope this helps,
-Rick
Bob M