To give more information, I compile my code into a jar, install the jar and
then try to use the Java file in the jar. The name of the java class is
TestListener. When I use the sql code below, I get the error:

ERROR 42X51: The class 'APP.TestListener' does not exist or is inaccessible.
This can happen if the class is not public or the derby.database.classpath
property is missing or incorrectly defined.
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'APP.TestListener:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.

SQL:

CALL SQLJ.INSTALL_JAR('<path>/listener.jar', 'APP.TestListener', 0);

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY( 'derby.database.classpath',
'APP.TestListener');

CREATE procedure extract_keyword (test VARCHAR(100))   LANGUAGE JAVA
PARAMETER STYLE JAVA  NO SQL EXTERNAL NAME 'APP.TestListener.capitalize';

--
Sent from:
http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html