Hi, :-)

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 06:42, Christoph Noack <christ...@dogmatux.com> wrote:
> David, just a side note: I've noticed the new "Why for ..." pages that
> provide great content (thanks to the creator, Narayan?).

Yes, Narayan's been doing a lot of work with me over the past few
days, and looks set to become one of the key site maintainers. He has
a very good eye for detail, and it's really great to work with him.
:-)

> But here some
> things I've noticed as well: Very similar information is now available
> for "Features" (LibreOffice) and "Home", and the location "Home" might
> be misleading for the "Why..." elements. (Example: If the user opened
> "Get Help" and just sees "Home" as the main menu item, might he think
> that the "Why" elements are located there?)

I'm not sure I really understand what you mean, Christoph. I think we
can clarify things at the confcall, where explanations will be much
easier...

> Furthermore, the link to
> "See what LibO can do for you" now seems a bit strange.

Why does it seem strange? it seems like a good lead-in to me... :-(

> Could you please tell me whether you are still working on that? If not,
> may I provide some more thoughts (structure, punctuation, outline,
> links, ...)?

It's true that we're still at work. I wouldn't like to do any major
restructuring at this time. a) It's been carefully thought out, and b)
there's still a lot of work to do on other things that should get
finished ASAP.

Moving things like the Why? pages would be difficult, and - IMHO -
they're good right where they are... :-(

But do feel free to make comments, and they'll be looked at objectively.

David Nelson