All,

I'm a recent (and till now silent) subscriber of this list. Before I post a few things about LibO GUI and usage, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm a 56 yo French civil servant using OOo since 2005 when my employer decided to move from MSO. Since then I never looked back and I have always been very pleased with OOo.

In a former part of my professional life, I had been an unofficial part-time programmer (Turbo-Pascal, Object Pascal then Delphi). Though this was supposed to be a part-time job, it in fact took most of my time, daily and nightly for nearly 15yrs.

I had to stop sometime after I switched job as I couldn't do both. Now, I've been an IT tech (support chain) for 20yrs. As such, among a lot of other things, I help and train my colleagues to our office automation suite of choice (formerly MSO, currently OOo, very soon to be LibO [2012]).

As such, I can see everyday how and why my colleagues use the software, what they do right and what they do wrong. To the risk of seeming overly proud, I think I have a broad view of our corporate workflows and I can tell where the local pitfalls are (wrt office automation tools). I have some ideas of what should be changed wrt textprocessor and in which direction some changes would be beneficial to their users. (hence my visit here ;)

BTW, I've written a dozen FR how-tos and guides for OOo Writer and I'm involved in some other Free software areas: I'm a member of the local Bordeaux LUG, a contributor to Clonezilla Live doc and also to the OpenStreetMap project.

CU soon,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux