Hi Astron,

Am Montag, 18. Juni 2012, 10:47:01 schrieb Stefan Knorr:
> Hello Björn,
>
> here's a couple of proposals for icons to test:
> * the "Styles and Formatting" icon (especially the one in Tango)

Do we actually have different Icon styles, we ship by default? (as you are
referring to the Tango Icons).

> * the "Save" icon (diskettes, cabinets, hard drives ... do users find
> this confusing?)

Experience shows this working for some reasons - but testing it is ok!

> * the metaphor of the "Format paintbrush"
> * "Crop" (present only in Impress/Draw) – we use a scissors for that,
> but that is already used to signify "Cut", Adobe products use stylised
> versions of some sort of old-fashioned photo cropping rulers, GIMP
> uses a simple cutter knife – what do users like better?
>
> However, none of these are to be found in the same group, yet, if we
> take the group that sits around them usually ... we probably already
> have what you say is a good amount.

That definitely is a good idea. This would provide us with a good set of
icons.

I cannot find you in the LibreOffice team on userweave - can I help you in
anyway there?

Björn

--
www.OpenUsability.org