Hi Charles, Italo,
The links to the proposed artwork are here:
* TDF artwork <http://ubuntuone.com/3PVMix5hDrBtqARcYR298r>
* Community artwork without ® <http://ubuntuone.com/5Egi8UftNSNL3jNwxncC3r>
* Community artwork with ® <http://ubuntuone.com/5PDYO8aos1BOa8CVId8NS9>
* sofficerc <http://ubuntuone.com/3lYToGq77OfnItEDKsAhBO>
* SVG sources <http://ubuntuone.com/25bFNEcUwK8VAJcCK04iRx>

Please try it out before making a judgement.

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Well. This mail is a bit difficult. I took a look at the design. It IS a
> non standard logo on a white background.
> There are two major issues.
> * the logo is NOT the standard logo. You're using an old one from 2010.

The logo in the proposal comes straight from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding, where it's listed
as a valid option.

That said, we opted for a lighter, if a bit less standard, version of the
logo, as seen in Mateus's proposal.

* I don't have much to say for the startscreen, but honestly... the
> splashscreen is something I could have done myself and I'm a profound idiot
> when it comes to design. This looks bad, unfinished, and I obviously do not
> have the documented rationale for your choice, but it's a bit like any
> other choice would have been better.

A complex design doesn't necessary mean a good design. Here, simple tends
to be better.
And if you look, that's the design ethos of most successful software
companies.
To give examples -- look at Microsoft Word's new splash
screen<http://better-tablet.com//HLIC/d07e244bfbe53f6531eb17c87114c138.png>
.
And while iWork doesn't have a splash, it does have a
box<http://www.downeu.net/uploads/posts/2010-07/1279860460_iwork09-box.jpg>--
and the front is occupied solely by the logo.

On our social sites, the feedback seems mostly positive.

I am very worried about this choice (again, I'm constraining my comment to
> the splashscreen), I'm worried for our image, I'm worried for the
> impression millions of people are going to get every time they'll start
> LibreOffice.
>
> I would like to thank you all for your contributions, I know it's not easy
> and we all have lives outside here, but somebody must have gotten really
> tired or something.
>
> I don't even want to suggest what to do at this point, what process to
> follow, I don't want to choose for the team as it would be disrepectful
> (and this mail is disrespectful enough already) but I can't shut up on that
> one. Please reconsider or do something. It's terrible.

Again, I'd encourage you to try it out before judging.
If you're still firmly opposed to it, we can revert back to the 3.6
branding.