Hi all,
I think that "Welcome screen" or Mock up for LO 4.2 heading towards
perfections but I have some comments.

  * I prefer a little bit more design by Mateusz Zasuwik (
    http://i.imgur.com/KWpS7tu.jpg - green sidebar on right and logo of
    LibreOffice in the right-down corner) then design by Stefan Knorr (

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87946285/libreoffice/startcenter/startcen.html
    - green sidebar on right and no logo of LO)
    *+* also there are tabs for selection only a type of files
    (documents, spreadsheets, ...)

  * Other question is content of "Welcome screen" ... *previews of
    files* (Mateusz Zasuwik) or*icons only* (Stefan Knorr). I am working
    with LO 4.2 form early alpha versions but the previews are a "bit
    disturbing" from graphical point of view. I see the design with
    coloured icons from S. Knorr - but my (and I don't know if only my)
    opinion is that too much colourful. The design is "not clear" and
    icons are more expressive than other graphics.
    - I am sending an alternative to the S. Knorr desing -
    grayscaled/lightened icons with coloured top-right corner only
      http://ph.hostujeme.cz/LO/LO-Knorr-changed01.png

  * Is any possibility to change size of the previews?
    If it is possible, than it can be a potentional security risk if
    file contains only a few of words/numbers and the content is
    readable in preview ...

  * Is any possibility to view *details of files* (name, date/time of
    last change, size, ...) instead of previews of files or big icons?

Best regards,
Pavel Haraticky

PS: sorry for my English