Hi guys,
I'd like to establish some minimum target sizes.
My proposal:
Minimum mouse target size: 6px; as large as the arrow button in a
GtkSpinBox in the current theme for theme-dependent controls
Minimum touch target: 7mm

The bit about the GtkSpinBox is from the Gnome HIG [1], which we refer to
when we don't have guidelines of our own. 6px was suggested by me. All the
spin box arrow buttons that I looked at (Windows, Mac OS X, Adwaita, and
some other themes I found using image search) had widths and heights larger
than 6px.
The touch target is based on both the Android guidelines [2] and the WP
guidelines [3].

If no one objects, I'll add these to the guidelines after the upcoming IRC
chat. (There will, of course, be room for discussion and edits afterwards.)

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/hig-book/3.4/input-mouse.html.en
[2] http://developer.android.com/design/style/metrics-grids.html
[3] http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713252