But they might show just a really killer nice nature scene on their landing
page, to make the viewer feel excited, hopeful and ready to go deeper...a
halfway cleaned up scene is just not as inspiring, though I could see later
pages showing those in order to communicate more pragmatically what the
actual status of a clean up is.

I think the landing page should be mostly about getting the viewer to feel
excited to engage more, rather than about getting across a perfectly clean
or nuanced metaphor or a deep or complete vision of every facet of a
project.