Nice!

On 01/05/2016 12:42 PM, Michael Siepmann wrote:
> On 12/30/2015 09:17 PM, Michael Siepmann wrote:

>> <snip>
>
> Here are drafts of feedback response sheets for booth guests and a
> tent-style sign to put on the table next to the stapled response
> sheets.  I tried printing the response sheets double-sided in
> monochrome, and I think it will work OK that way.  Printing in color
> would be somewhat preferable for the screenshots but is not essential.

Looking over the screen-shots already, and in light of discussion about
metaphors, I propose we clean up the wording (which wasn't carefully
thought through yet) first.

* how about "Join us!" instead of "Join us in setting…" ?
* maybe for now we drop the "Let's clear the path…" line? (although I
like the clear-the-path for the metaphor, I don't like the rest of that
line)
* I was emphasizing this more before, but I'm going to push for it a
little more strongly now: I think we should use the term "public goods"
in our introductory context (and thus the term will be there for people
to provide feedback about). It's the best, most accurate term, and the
question is whether it comes across clearly, hence feedback forms like this…

> For those of you who will be hosting the booth, it's probably worth
> printing it out too for purposes of reviewing this draft in the form it
> will be used.

Yes, once we think it's a final "release candidate" so to speak, and I
think it's very close.

Two minor notes:

* I don't really like the title case on the tent

* The "Now please discuss" sounds a bit too strongly imperative, like it
isn't optional, you must now do this, even with the please. Not sure how
to improve, maybe just put underneath the "optional" heading or have
another "optional" marker?

> I also plan to draft a short guide for hosts / interviewers.

Great!

> (The .odt files use fonts I have in Ubuntu 15.10.  In case you don't
> have the same fonts I'm attaching as .pdf too.)

For future reference, we have fonts connected with the design which
should be at least considered for things like this (although they are
focused as being web fonts over print I think). See
https://snowdrift.coop/p/snowdrift/w/en/design-guide#fonts

Note that the fonts files are included in the snowdrift codebase
already, so you can get them there rather than hassle with downloading
otherwise.

> Best,
>
> Michael

Overall, I think this will be really helpful, great work, thanks!

--
Aaron Wolf Snowdrift.coop <https://snowdrift.coop>