On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 01:55:44AM +0200, Robert Martinez (mray) wrote:
> On 01.08.2016 23:30, Michael Siepmann wrote:
> > We discussed this in today's meeting.  Here's a revised mockup,
> > also attached in .ods format. This shows payment processing fees,
> > two successive months of carry-over, and an example where a pledge
> > was suspended:
> >

> Thanks for clarifying via the mockup. I think it can be simplified
> in several ways:
>
> https://snowdrift.sylphs.net/prototypes/mray/#history_page
>
> * a pledge value/month next to a total/month isn't necessary. It
> only matters what you actually paid that month. So I would only show
> one sum/month.

This is different from how all receipts and bills work, which show the
sum-of-goods subtotal, then any fees and taxes, then a final total. Do
we want to keep that just so it's more familiar?

> * items that did not contribute to a months spending can be omitted for
> clarity.

Hm. I guess we should ask, is the purpose of this page to show *just*
payment history? I don't think so. I think it is a history of
participation within the mechanism. In that case, omitting items that
don't contribute leads to a *lack* of clarity.

Also, our hope is that we will be able to sum up a patron's
contributions to all their projects, so they would only be hit by a
single payment charge. In that case, it is impossible to get charged
in April, but have other donations roll forward from April to May.
Either a patron contributes to *all* their projects in a month, or
they contribute to none of them.

So: whether there is one project, or many projects, there is only one
thing that matters: What do we show for a month where a patron is
pledged, and contributes, but is not charged?

> Suspended projects are not treated different as non-pledged and should
> not show up specially. Notifications can be used to communicate all details.

I think the same critique applies. If this page is to show a history
of participation, suspended projects need to show up.

> * I also like keeping the history tab consistent with the running months
> matching tab.

+1.

FYI, I have created a US to track this story, and have pasted in the
mockups so far.

https://tree.taiga.io/project/snowdrift/us/454

I've named it according to my understanding that we are talking about
a history of participation rather than just a history of payments, but
please consider that point "open for discussion" still. :)