On 04/23/2017 02:01 PM, J.wuensch wrote:
> Sorry for no updates on my side! Last month was crazily busy. I work in
> a young start-up company and we had to prepare A LOT of stuff for a
> fair. So I had to pause working on the snowdrift video. I told Robert
> but I think it would have been better to communicate it here on the
> mailing list.
> Unfortunately there's an additional ongoing freelance job in my
> schedule. But I'm in the process of transferring it to someone else so
> that I'll have more time to work on projects that matter more to me like
> the snowdrift video. I'll definitively want to see this happen.
>
> That said, the missing progress on my side has little to do with
> emphasize on finality but more with lack of time. Yes it's true, I did
> three versions of the first half of the movie instead of doing one draft
> for the whole. One simple reason is that I was unsure on how to
> illustrate the last part without being confusing. So my priority was to
> first find the overall animation style. Actually, iterating over
> Robert's feedback didn't take that long. And with limited time in mind I
> thought of doing part 2 after my stressful time.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, feedback on the visuals of this third version
> (Animatic_v03.mp4) is already welcome. Maybe not on details as we can
> care about them later on when we have a full working version. But more
> the overall style.
>
> Thanks Aron for the new script! As soon as I find some time I'll try to
> make a new version and we will see what I/we come up with to illustrate
> those sentences.
>
> Btw: I'm totally fine with this kind of audio recording. It doesn't have
> to be a highly polished final version. I just need some audio to animate
> to. It can be finalized later when we see that the video and text is
> working well together. It shouldn't be a problem to adjust the timing of
> the animation to the final audio version later on.
>
> That's it for now,
> Johannes

Thanks Johannes,

I agree with your points overall and glad to hear about the updates. I
agree that some iteration to get to "see that the video and text is
working well together" is what I want too. For whatever reasons that may
be partly miscommunication, I felt pressured to get something "just
right" before handing it over, which doesn't feel like the right approach.

FWIW, Stephen gave me some feedback on the latest script that may lead
to a new revision, but the recent one I posted is still the latest worth
working on visuals for.

I agree with you and Robert that avoiding the number-focused end stuff
is better. I'm happier with the direction now. I think some iterative
process back and forth between audio and visuals will get us to the best
final result.