On 05/02/2017 11:27 PM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Starting a new thread. This new script is a departure from the others.
> It just focuses more directly on the core concept with near-zero
> explanation of why it makes sense or is needed. It has no awkward
> transitions, it's plain and simple. It's so short that I was able to say
> it in minimal time while still speaking slowly.
>
> Although there are reasons I want to communicate more concepts to
> visitors, I'm very happy with this in how well it communicates the
> minimal information.
>
> There's room for tweaks and re-recording a better final audio, but this
> should truly be all that's needed for the video team to create a first
> complete visual.
>
> SOME FEEDBACK ON EXISTING VIDEO DRAFT:
>
> I'd really like to see more types of logos of project types including
> visual art / photos / videos even though the audio doesn't mention them.
> It could be in the mix later when showing general sharing. The audio is
> just some examples, and if there's more than 4 icon types it will be
> more clear that there's more than strictly those 4.
>
> The icons bouncing around in a city is a good start, but could be improved.
>
> The icons like GNU head etc. may be an issue for trademark permissions.
>
> The graph stuff is good, but the timing and details will have to be
> adjusted to the new SCRIPT:
>
> 1. Software, music, journalism, research… These things *should* be
>    freely shared as public goods.
>
> 2. But keeping exclusive control lets publishers charge for access or
>    show ads.
>
> 3. And without those restrictions, projects rarely get enough funding.
>
> 4. We need ongoing and widespread cooperation to solve this dilemma.
>
> 5. That's why we developed crowd*matching*,
>
> 6. where you donate monthly based on the number of patrons giving with
>    you.
>
> 7. When a project has few patrons, you donate very little.
>
> 8. As the crowd grows, everyone donates more.
>
> 9. But you stay in the crowd only if it fits your budget.
>
> 10. Join Snowdrift.coop today, and help clear the path to a free and
>     open future!
>
> Audio attached

By the way, there seems to be some confusion, so I want to clarify:

There were various old scripts and audio. Some visual work was done. The
visual team indicated a need to change the second half of the script. In
the process of reflecting on the whole goals and how much to fit in the
time, this new script above was written.

The new script addresses problems with the entire thing. I don't provide
it only to use the second half. Please adjust the timing and visuals for
the *entire* video to fit the new script and audio which has a much
simpler, cleaner flow overall.

I'm not okay with cutting the second half of this with any of the parts
from earlier scripts. This update is/was a departure (as stated in
original post) which does a better job as a complete unit.

I look forward to a new draft of visuals matched to just this new script
and audio, and we can discuss any feedback then so we can get toward
actually finalizing this.

Thanks,
Aaron