Hi, Daniel.

I just wanted to report back on this. Thanks for getting back to me on
it.

I did indeed delete the extensions and the jumpy mouse problem did not 
show up.


So I added the extensions back and the jumpy mouse returned (even with 
only less than 3% processor being used).

I then deleted extensions one by one and found that there is a system 
monitor extension on the gnome extensions website, and this system 
monitor shows up near the top of the most popular list so that is the 
one I had installed, but actually it has not been maintained for quite 
some time and thus it was most likely causing the issue.

Since I got rid of that system monitor and replaced it with a more 
recently maintained system monitor extension, the jumpy mouse problem 
has not returned.


Very much appreciated and thanks for the response and the fix.

Best Regards

Andrew


On 9/28/26 07:09, Daniel van Vugt wrote:
> Thanks for the bug report. Please start by deleting any local
> extensions:
>
>    cd ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/
>    rm -rf extensions
>
> and then log in again.
>
> If that doesn't fix it then please also check for any high CPU usage or
> high memory usage, by running 'top' and 'free -h' respectively.
>
> Next, please check if there are any log messages occurring at the same
> time:
>
>    journalctl -f
>
> If you still can't find an explanation for the problem after that then
> please try a (new) USB mouse. Although if you have one on hand then this
> might be the easiest thing to test.
>
>
>
> ** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
>         Status: New => Incomplete
>

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2168622

Title:
  Jumpy mouse Wayland Ubuntu 24 on 2 computers this week

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/2168622/+subscriptions


-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

Reply via email to