On 7/14/06, Chipzz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > They already can.
> > Don't like mono...don't ship mono applications.
>
> > None of the libraries will depend or use mono.
>
> This is argument is moot and you know it - this isn't just about libra-
> ries, this is also about application/applets etc,

My point was that the only "essential" things are the libraries and
they are not going to become c#.
It was brought up that both the panel and file manager are also essential
But a) they're not
b) We're not talking about rewriting the entire desktop in c#. If we
were, maybe there would be a problem and we would discuss it...but
we're not, and its not likely to happen in the near future.

> Also, your statement is false. Beagle uses mono, and it is considered
> for inclusion

As joe pointed out, no its not.

> (and I really wouldn't call searching 'optional' or non-
> core).

I would...I don't search for things very often.

I think that quite frankly this thread has exploded into something
completely overblown. We're not talking about rewriting the desktop in
C#, we're talking about adding one applet. Yes, in the future it may
allow other applications written in other languages, but look, we've
had python in the desktop for 2 releases now, and look how we're
inundated with applications written in python...one...out of 5 things
proposed.

Is the fact that there were so few things proposed a sign that the C
thing just isn't working?

iain