Shaun McCance wrote:
> One really good reason I can think of is that
> D-Bus can't yet handle remote X applications.
> It would kind of suck for those not to be able
> to interact with the session manager.

It should be able to handle them fine. The default configuration doesn't
listen on tcp but you just add a line like:

<listen>tcp:host=whatever,port=whatever</listen>

and then it should work fine, at least I think it should. Though I don't
know if anyone has tested it lately.

Also ssh doesn't know how to forward DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS, so you
have to do it manually the way you had to do it manually for DISPLAY
back in the day.

Havoc